Gisborne High School was established in 1907. It was Co-educational and the only secondary school in the city. After World War II the school roll rapidly grew. This roll increase resulted in the creation of two separate schools in 1956. Gisborne Girls High School opened in 1956 with a roll of just over 500 students. Since then it has grown to a roll of over 800, including international fee paying students.
Over the last 60 years the buildings and grounds have been continually improved to meet the changing needs of education.
We aim to provide a safe and welcoming learning environment for all students.