Gisborne Girls' High School is registered with the Ministry of Education (registration no. 516) and is bound by the Code of Practice for the pastoral care of International Students. We have been caring for International Students since 1991.
The school welcomes students from many countries as:
- Private fee paying students
- Approved exchange programme students
Gisborne Girls' High School provides:
- A safe, friendly environment
- Quality pastoral care
- A Director of International Students
- Homestay accommodation
- English second language classes available
- Preparation for Cambridge, IELTS and TOEFL is offered by a qualified teacher.
- Tuition in a wide variety of academic subjects.
International students from many countries study at the school. Specialised English classes are available for the teaching and practice of English language skills. Many Gisborne Girls' High students are encouraged to see themselves in the global context.
We firmly believe that interaction between different cultures enriches the academic, cultural, and social experience of both New Zealanders and International Students.