Student Leadership Groups
All students have opportunities to be a leader. Each year staff and students select a Head Prefect, two Deputy Head Prefects and a team of School Prefects. These students provide leadership and act as positive role models for other students.
Along with these roles there are several other leadership opportunities available to year 11, 12 and 13 students Our school leaders are involved in many school matters, such as:
- Fundraising for Charitable causes
- Organising and conducting assemblies and school dances
- Participating in the Anzac Day Parade
- Board of Trustees Representative
- Arts, Sports and Hauora Councils
- Supporting Junior and International students
- Addressing public gatherings
- House Leaders
- Senior Mentors
- Levels and Class Representatives
Board of Trustees Student Representative
Every year the Board of Trustees has a student representative. It is her job to make sure that the students voice is heard so that decisions are made for the benefit of the whole school community. The student representative for 2013 is Sinead Overbye.
Student View: Your school gave me a lot, taught me a lot. You provided me with an excellent education that I believe is second to none of the schools in New Zealand. I am very proud to come out of your school, I'm an enthusiastic Gisborne Girls High School Old Girl.
Bus Information View page...